Monday, July 6, 2009

Pescatarianism: Day 1

I don't know how to spell what I've decided to become. The goal is to be lacto-ova-vegetarian with occasional sushi. I'll try it for a week. If that works, I'll keep it going for the rest of July.

I don't want to eat red meat, and I've been pretty good about that for the last six months. I'm getting tired of chicken, delicious though it can be. I cannot go full vegetarian as I love sushi. So, here we are.

Today's meals.

Breakfast: black coffee with Sweet and Low, same as most of my mornings. No red meat or poultry in that. No nutrients, either. Also, the potential for cancer. At work, I have these giant mugs that are really more like bowls. This is pointed out to me quite often.

Lunch: Sweet Tomatoes. Bartlett pear and walnut salad. Cottage cheese. Tapioca. Green tea. Delicious. I didn't get any of the wonderful cream of mushroom soup, because apparently it's a chicken broth. I don't want to be rude about it, but damn, dudes. You can't get veggie broth at Sweet Tomatoes? Really?

Dinner: leftover pasta salad from the weekend, and an extremely late melon and cucumber salad paired with a peanut-butter-and-banana on omega 3 whole wheat bread. More tea. Caffeine free this time.

No comments: